- Settlement should bring closure to families involved
- Letter: IRS scandal politically motivated
- Letter: Enid’s Vietnam Wall needs financial help
- June bustin’ out all over
- Oklahoman’s Carrie Coppernoll debunks 6 May 20 tornado rumors
Borrowed offense is a blessing stopper!
How many times have you heard someone say, “Now, don’t take offense” or “No offense, but ...”
In other words, “I am about to insult, hurt or anger you, but don’t take offense at what I am about to say.”
And, what do we do? We take those same offensive words and head straight for the nearest, most-compassionate, ear and share that offense in the hope we will be stroked and reassured what we just heard was not the truth.
Timing is everything
In June 1908, a comet or meteor exploded over the Tunguska River in east-central Russia. The blast devastated a region of about 830 square miles and knocked down 80 million trees.
- People are encouraged to be safe when near water
- Our names are our first possessions
- Enid’s two hospitals are expanding their services to better serve the community
- More Opinion Headlines